About the Job
Job DescriptionJob #: 793803
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Operations Tech II to work for a large Telecom company in Leesburg, FL. This is a contract position with an opportunity to go perm in 6 months. This will be an Operations Tech that will be joining an existing team but will need to be able to work on his/her own and take ownership of the project..
Applicants must have an Associate Degree in Telecommunications, or 3 years of relevant experience. If interested in this position or any other development opportunities in the greater Central Florida area, send a resume to Thomas Rogers, Lead Infrastructure Recruiter in Apex’s Orlando Office- email@example.com
Candidates must be direct w2 – no c2c or third-party resumes accepted.
Operations Tech 2 – Transport Provisioning
- Performs equipment and facility provisioning in the optical transport network.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to build and turn up new facilities, augment existing network equipment in coordination with field operations, tech support and other work groups.
- Must understand complex transport network topology and supported signal formats including; Timing systems, SONET, DWDM, CWDM, ROADM, DS3, OTn, and Ethernet.
- Able to follow MOPs, anticipate problems, and take corrective action proactively.
- Understands and researches technical issues through vendor documentation.
- Works with minimal supervision in NOC environment, sometimes for activities scheduled outside of normal business hours.
- Communicates effectively with peers, off-net providers and customers
- Thoroughly document order activity.
- Propose and implement solutions to identified problems.
- Work with next level support to resolve network and equipment related issues.
- Analyze, diagnose, sectionalize, isolate, and resolve alarms and conditions associated with turn up activities.
- Communicate with internal customers and supporting groups, ASP, CDP, National, etc.
- Manage and guide network augmentation and circuit roll activity
- Provide direct support to technicians in provisioning activities associated with new service turn up and existing service augmentation.
- Interact with all Tier repair teams. Initiate internal/external escalations, as necessary.
- Provide assistance to peers and participate in ongoing group process improvement activities
- Provide follow up and completion of service order activity
- Provide direct training to technicians and participate in ongoing Provisioning process improvement activities.
- Works in 8AM- 5PM M-F call center environment with occasional requirements to support projects and customer rearrange activities during the maintenance window.
- Associate Degree in Telecommunications in a related field or equivalent work experience (Typically 3 years of relevant experience)
- Understanding of Transport hierarchy, configurations and platforms
- Experience in test and turn up of, Transport, ROADM, DWDM, CWDM products and supported services
- Perform advanced to complex activities to meet customer expectations and company driven performance objectives.
- Strong communication skills and ability to direct service deployment activities
- Remote equipment provisioning and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to identify expected alarms associated with turn up activity, and resolve unexpected alarm conditions as they arise.
- Adept at understanding circuit designs, network topology, and associated protection schemes
- 3 + years experience in a Call Center, Surveillance Center, Provisioning Center, Network Operations Center, Engineering, Technical Support or as a Field Technician working with transport platforms and/or digital loop carrier (DLC) or similar pair gain platforms
- Provisioning and troubleshooting DS3 through OC192 level circuits
- SONET and SDH equipment functionality
- DWDM equipment functionality
- Fiber optics
- Synchronization / Timing
- SONET Protection Switching Schemes
*Candidates must be able to pass a background and drug test
Qualified candidates will be contacted back within 3 business days however due to the amount of applications received only qualified candidates will be followed up with.
• Post ID: 19349492 northflorida